D. Barry Manchester BA, MVA, ABR, Broker Royal Lepage Locations North, Brokerage 330 First Street, Collingwood ON
Direct 705-446-8468 Email
my vow to youAs a realtor, I accept a personal obligation to the public and my profession and am committed to:
- Professional, competent service
- Absolute honesty and integrity
- Fairness & Co-operation
- Personal accountability
- Compliance with the Canadian Real Estate Association Standards of Business Practice
testimonials"Barry knows the real estate market. His outstanding advice started with his valuation and marketing suggestions for the sale of the property and continued through the entire transaction. He kept us apprised on a daily basis of anything that came up with regards to the property. His follow up from answering any questions that were asked by either a prospective purchaser or ourselves was tremendous. Barry was a professional throughout the entire process and a true joy to work with." James A. Bruce, Collingwood
buying"Collingwood is the most beautiful investment you will ever make. Let me assist you"...
There are plenty of potential purchasers out there who are keen on purchasing a Collingwood/Blue Mountain property – but there aren’t very many listings to choose from. With prices on the rise and low inventory levels, it’s safe to say Collingwood/Blue Mountain is in a seller’s market.
That’s great news if you’re the proud owner of Collingwood/Blue Mountain Real Estate, detached, acreage, waterfront, chalet, condo, or town home – but what does it mean for buyers in the Collingwood/Blue Mountain market?
It can be daunting to be a buyer in a seller’s market, but it’s not all bad news. With a flexible attitude and some advanced preparation, you can still land the Collingwood/Blue Mountain property of your dreams. Here’s how to do it.
Determine What You Can Afford
Establishing your budget is the first step in your Collingwood/Blue Mountain house hunt for three reasons.
- First, it will set the tone for your house hunt, letting you know what you can afford (and thus, what type of property you should be looking at), so you can avoid wasting your time on properties that are way out of your price range.
- Secondly, getting qualified for a mortgage makes you an attractive potential purchaser from a seller’s point of view. With a pre-qualification letter from your mortgage broker or lender in hand, you come across as committed and serious in your search.
- Third, when it comes time to actually getting approved for your mortgage, much of your paperwork will already be partially or fully completed. It’s a head start on the administrative aspect and could speed up the process of getting your mortgage approved.
Assess What Your Budget Can Buy You
Once you know your budget, I’ll be able to give you a better idea of what your money can buy you in Collingwood/Blue Mountain
There are vastly different property types in completely different locations. Knowing your options will help you narrow down your wants and needs.
With limited listings on the market, chances are pretty low that you’re going to find your dream property as-is. It’s time to think creatively.
If you’re willing to be flexible, you’re opening up many more options for yourself. Major home renovations are becoming increasingly popular due to the lack of inventory. Let me introduce you to some of Collingwood/Blue Mountains talented builders, and you’ll be surprised at how you can transform a property to fit your vision.
Offer With Confidence
Once we’ve found a property that interests you, it’s time to make the offer. While buyers and sellers may have played around with negotiations in the past, today’s market is all about making a good first impression. If you’re interested in the property, chances are good that other people are, too. Let me educate you on the market so that your initial offer is competitive and catches the seller’s eye.
While price is one major factor, there are other elements of a contract of purchase and sale that matter to the seller. If you’re organized, you can be more flexible on elements like important dates in the transaction, which could give you a leg up over others
Still have questions about being a buyer in a seller’s market? Contact me and I’ll be happy to lead you through the process.I have been strategically aligned with Royal Lepage Collingwood, Ontario for over 30 years and work with a global network of professionals throughout the Royal Lepage system. As an agent, I consider myself very fortunate to have been able to successfully assist hundreds of Buyers fulfill their dreams of Real Estate ownership in Collingwood and the South Georgian Bay areas of Wasaga Beach, Creemore, Beaver Valley, Thornbury, Meaford and the Pretty River Valley.
as your buyer's agent I will:
- Explain the Process: Each step will be explained as we journey through the process together.
- Provide Professional Advice: It is my job to help you make informed decisions and determine your unique criteria. If you have a specific property or area in mind, I will research the area for unlisted homes and locate willing sellers.
- Marketplace Activities: The Collingwood real estate market is ever changing. I use your criteria to pre-qualify by pre-viewing all properties to ensure that I only take you to view properties meeting your needs.
- Advise on Price, Terms, and Financing: I provide the tools needed to arrive at an offering price and optimal conditions of sale. In today's market you may also face competing offers on a property. All relevant issues (affordability, comfort, desirability, and re-saleability) are considered prior to offer presentation.
- Advocate Your Position: When possible, I represent my clients in person when presenting an offer to advocate your position.
- Negotiate: When negotiating I will suggest strategies that have been effective in similar situations. I work for my client alone to negotiate the best possible deal.
- Manage the Details: My service does not stop after closing. We will do a walk-through of your property to ensure it is in the correct condition as per the contract. And, I provide after sales liaison with the listing agent if problems arise not provided for in the contract. If your property is for revenue, I'll post your property on my website and help you get the right tenant.