D. Barry Manchester BA, MVA, ABR, Broker Royal Lepage Locations North, Brokerage 330 First Street, Collingwood ON
Direct 705-446-8468 Email
Home Buyer Survey
my vow to you
As a realtor, I accept a personal obligation to the public and my profession and am committed to:
- Professional, competent service
- Absolute honesty and integrity
- Fairness & Co-operation
- Personal accountability
- Compliance with the Canadian Real Estate Association Standards of Business Practice
"Barry knows the real estate market. His outstanding advice started with his valuation and marketing suggestions for the sale of the property and continued through the entire transaction. He kept us apprised on a daily basis of anything that came up with regards to the property. His follow up from answering any questions that were asked by either a prospective purchaser or ourselves was tremendous. Barry was a professional throughout the entire process and a true joy to work with."
James A. Bruce,
"Thank you Barry for helping us find the cottage of our dreams. It took over two years and just when we were ready to give up you found us the perfect place. I am so glad you encouraged us to wait and not to compromise."
Sharron and Ivan Stone,
use a local realtor® southern georgian bay
Buying or selling a home is a complex and often very emotional process being one of the biggest major business transactions most of us ever make. It requires tremendous knowledge and experience and a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls.
That’s why it helps to use the services of a real estate professional who is a member of a real estate board or association. REALTORS® have the training, knowledge and experience to help you every step of the way – from the moment you think about buying or selling, to the time when the business transaction is finalized.
Other than the physical features of a property, there are many other important factors that Buyers and Sellers should be informed of. Some of these factors could be specific to your geographical area of interest such as:
- Local market conditions
- Comparable MLS® Sales data
- Niagara Escarpment Commission
- Conservation Authorities
- Waterfront/Shoreline Properties
- High water mark ... where is the property boundary?
- Deeded access and road allowances
- Cottage associations
- Local Aboriginal rights
- Farming and apple production operations
- Approved and potential developments
- Official Plans of the local municipalities and counties
- Development charges
- Designated historical buildings
- Bruce Trail
- Snowmobile Trails
- Landfill sites
- Wind power and power corridors
- Water Supply
- Municipal vs. private or shared wells
- Drilled/dug/shore wells or cisterns
- Jet vs. submersible well pumps
- Well and water quality reports
- Septic systems and Use permits ... what properties should have them?
- Access permits
- Oil vs. propane
- What are the new regulations governing oil heating systems?
- What is a W.E.T.T. inspection?
Your local REALTOR® can help you determine if you need to be concerned with any of the above and assist you in obtaining the necessary information. In addition, your localREALTOR®:
- has access to full local MLS® data
- is a professionally trained REALTOR® who may be able to sell your home quicker at a better price than you could get privately because of access to potential clients
- knows what's happening politically and environmentally in our area
- is aware of approved and potential developments (the last thing most homeowners want is the development of a mall or a high-rise office building across the road from their home)
- knows the neighbourhoods and communities that best match your criteria (some are more desirable than others; some are geared more to young families, older adults, singles or a diverse mix of residents)
- is aware of drawbacks such as highway noise, train tracks and airports
- knows availability of shopping, public transit, recreational and religious facilities
- is aware of what kinds of schools and services are available; whether kids will be bused to their school or if the school is close by, whether they'll have to cross major intersections
A local REALTOR® is your invaluable resource who lives, works and plays in the area - therefore knows the area. They engage in Continuing Education to keep up-to-date on important issues that may affect one of the most important decisions in your lifetime!
Copyright 2012, Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS®